$5,000 Prize Package Sweepstakes Entry – Wai a Ka Nēnē
WIN A $5,000 GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE BY SPONSORING A TREE!
Starting April 1, 2021 through April 30, 2021 enter for a chance to win:
– Wai a Ka Nēnē Kanileʻa ʻUkulele
– Native Hawaiian Koa Weapon
– Signed CD’s
– $1,500 CASH
Wai a Ka Nēnē translates to “Waters of the Nēnē”. Though mostly seen in highland areas, the Nēnē is a water animal. The Nēnē adapted to current habitats without much fresh water available. Our Native Hawaiian Forests were decimated with the arrival of livestock and corporate agriculture. Which left the native birds with a dwindling area to call home. Saving Hawaiʻiʻs Forests 501(c)3 set a goal to plant 195,000 native plants to restore the native forests that were lost. So far 18,500 trees have been planted on the island of Hawaiʻi and with this donation you can rest assured that your donation will go to support the people who are on the ground.
Your donation will sponsor the planting of a native Hawaiian tree in the “Wai a Ka Nēnē” forest in which we are aiming to propagate, prep, plant, and protect 2,500 native trees as the Wai a Ka Nēnē Forest. With your $50 (fifty dollar) tax deductible donation, you will receive one (1) entry to the sweepstakes. There is no limit to the amount of times you can enter, and for every $50 donation, you will receive one (1) new entry. i.e. a $500 donation will constitute as ten (10) entries. The entries will be gathered into a random drawing and we will be randomly selecting 20 winners. The first name pulled at random will win the grand prize package. And the 19 subsequent names will receive a prize valued at $83. No purchase or donation is necessary to enter or win.
Visit https://reforesthawaii.org/product/sweepstakes/ for official rules and complete entry details. Sweepstakes ends 4/30/2021. Void where prohibited.
Nēnē is the name of Hawaiʻiʻs state bird, and as we, the people of Hawaiʻi, cherish our sweetly-voiced nēnē, so, too, will you cherish this sweet-sounding Kanileʻa ʻukulele.
Live April 1, 2021
Out of stock
Starting April 1 through April 30 your donation will sponsor the planting of a native Hawaiian tree in the “Wai a Ka Nēnē” forest in which we are aiming to propagate, prep, plant, and protect 2,500 native trees as the Wai a Ka Nēnē Forest. With your tax deductible donation, you will receive one(1) entry to the sweepstakes. There is no limit to the amount of times you can enter, and for every $50 donation, you will receive one(1) new entry. i.e. a $500 donation will constitute as ten (10) entries. The entries will be gathered into a random drawing and we will be randomly selecting 20 winners. The first name pulled at random will win the grand prize package. And the 19 subsequent names will receive a prize valued at $83. No purchase or donation is necessary to enter or win.
Visit https://reforesthawaii.org/product/sweepstakes/ for official rules and complete entry details. Sweepstakes ends 4/30/2021. Void where Prohibited.
The Wai a Ka Nēnē ʻUkulele Grand Prize Package is only available to one (1) winner through this sweepstakes.
Included in the Grand Prize Package:
– Wai a Ka Nēnē KanileʻaʻUkulele
– Native Hawaiian Koa Weapon
– Signed CD’s
– $1,500 CASH
Prize package valued at $5,000 USD
There will also be 19 Subsequent Runner-Up prizes pulled at random.
This instrument has been played by renowned musician, Kelly Boy DeLima, of the band Kapena since July 12, 2020. Having celebrated 35 years in the Hawaiian Music Industry. Kelly Boyʻs passion for the environment and the wildlife sparked his interest in being involved with this project. As a supporter please know you are directly helping to restore the forests to its natural state. We encourage you to be an integral part of in this rejuvenation.
We all aloha (love) our Hawai’i and utilize it for life’s pleasures and day-to-day living. Now it is your turn to malama (care for) what we cherish as our beautiful place of comfort.
The sponsoring of the tree does not constitute ownership of a tree or any land and is a donation to support the act of reforestation. International donations are welcome and your name will be included as a supporter of the Wai a Ka Nēnē Forest. For official rules of this sweepstakes read below:
Reforest Hawai`i Endangered Bird Series: Wai a ka Nēnē Giveaway
THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN THE STATES KENTUCKY, MISSISSIPPI, NORTH DAKOTA, NORTH CAROLINA, RHODE ISLAND AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE/DONATION NECESSARY. PURCHASE, DONATION OR ACCEPTANCE OF
A PRODUCT OFFER WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Reforest Hawai`i Endangered Bird Series: Wai a ka Nēnē Giveaway (the “Giveaway” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence (which is nineteen (19) in Alabama, Nebraska and eighteen (18) in all other participating states) as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Void in the states of Kentucky, Mississippi, North Dakota, North Carolina, Rhode Island and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees of Saving Hawai’i’s Forests (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion partners and internet agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and grandparent) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 12:01:00 AM] Hawaii Standard Time (HST) on April 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59PM HST on April 30, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
A. You will automatically receive one (1) Entry for every $50 donation made ( i.e., a $100 donation will constitute as 2 entries) to sponsor a tree planting at www.Reforesthawaii.org/product/sweepstakes (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period. Follow the instructions on the “Wai A Ka Nene” Giveaway page to make your donation and receive an entry. Your donation transaction must be received by 11:59:59PM HST on April 30, 2021 to be eligible to receive an entry and/or entries. If a donation/transaction is cancelled prior to the drawing, entry/ies associated with that donation/transaction will be voided. All $50 tree sponsorships are tax deductible donation through the non-profit, Saving Hawai’i’s Forests 501 (c)(3).
B. To enter without making a purchase/donation, on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper, hand print your complete first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), e-mail address plus daytime telephone number including area code. Then, on the opposite side of your entry, in at least 25 words complete the sentence: “I believe that sponsoring a tree planting is important because…”. Mail your entry in a #10 business-size envelope with first-class postage affixed to: Wai a ka Nēnē Giveaway, POB 738 Syosset, NY 11791-0738 USA. Your outer-mailing envelope must include a valid return address, which includes a complete first and last name. Mailed entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and invalid. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Bulk shipments (multiple entries in one shipping package) will not be accepted. Mail-in entry, including outer-mailing envelope must be handwritten. No mechanically reproduced entries or metered mail permitted. Statements contained in mail-in entries will not be judged but must be unique; Statements must not in any way reflect negatively upon Sponsor, the Promotion or any other person or entity. Entries that are postmarked by April 30, 2021 and received by May 7, 2021 will be eligible for the random drawing. Each mail-in envelope will count as one (1) entry, provided that the mail-in entry complies with the above requirements.
There are no limits to the number of entries per person/per Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Mail-in entries that are not in the format specified above, that are illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, or reproduced via photocopier or otherwise will be considered null and void. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received by the deadline. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing to select one (1) Grand Prize winner and nineteen (19) Runner-Up Prize winners will be conducted on or about May 12, 2021 from all eligible online purchase/donation and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Marden-Kane, Inc. (the “Administrator”) an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by email, mail, and/or phone and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form, a W-9 Tax form, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (“Documents”) within seven (7) days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. Potential Runner-up Prize winners will be contacted by email and will be asked to confirm their shipping address for prize delivery within the same time frame as noted above. Failure to return required Documents/information within the specified time, failure to respond to a notification or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner may be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a Prize winner is deemed ineligible, fails to comply with any eligibility requirements or is unable to claim the Prize as specified, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate, time permitting. All prize awards are contingent on eligibility verification and potential winners completing and returning all required Documents. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be provided.
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email messages.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
• One (1) Grand Prize with a total value of $5,000 consists of:
o a Custom-Built ukulele played for 6 months by Kelly Boy DeLima of Kapena
o Hawaiian Koa Artifact
o Signed CD’s
o $1,500 Cash
• Nineteen (19) Runner-up Prizes with a value of $83 each consists of a:
o Reforest Hawaiʻi Bottle
o Kanileʻa ʻUkulele Hat
o Ola Ka ʻĀina CD
o Koa Bookmark
• Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes offered is $6,577.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. In no event will more than the one (1) Grand Prize and nineteen (19) Runner-up Prizes be awarded. Prize winners will be solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein. The Grand Prize winner will also receive an IRS form 1099 for the value of the prize stated herein. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right where lawful to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prizes to be delivered to the verified Prize winners via mail within four-4 weeks from date of Winner verification. Sponsor is not responsible for damage of a prize or loss of the prize after it has been delivered to a confirmed winner. All details of the prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for damage or loss of a prize (or portion thereof) after it has been delivered to a confirmed winner. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, expressed or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Sweepstakes. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, prize may vary to what has been advertised, pictured, etc. All details of prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
8. RELEASE: Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action or liability (including but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property) arising out of participation in the Giveaway or acceptance/receipt/use or misuse of the prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the promotion based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities.
9. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/e-mail/internet transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if for any reason, the Giveaway is undermined by a force majeure event or if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/it’s agencies, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and a drawing to award the Prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online order form or mail-in entry. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
10. CHOICE OF LAW: All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. By participating, Entrants irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Hawaii for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Giveaway. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including any costs associated with participation in this Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will Entrants/Winner be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants/Winner hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. WINNERS LIST: The name of the Prize Winners will be announced at www.Reforesthawaii.org/product/sweepstakes on or about May 24, 2021 or after the Prize Winners have been verified.
13. SPONSOR: Saving Hawai’i’s Forests, 81-6580 Mamalahoa Hwy, Kealakekua, HI 96750. Mail-In entries will not be accepted at this address.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791-3416.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2021 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited, or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.